21 Inspiring Minimalistic Web Designs

By / May 21, 2012 / Inspiration

Here at WDL, we really like minimalism and we believe that the “less is more” principal can result in amazing websites. Minimalism, explained as the essence of something, is when we reduce something to its necessary elements. What is the right amount of elements to compose a minimal design is a polemic subject, but we can all agree that having few elements make a layout elegant, easy to understand/use and pleasant to see. Today we gathered a few examples of minimalistic designs to inspire you, check it out.

b14

grain&gram

Studio Octopi

The Best Designs
Minimal Sites

1. aledesign.it
    May 21, 2012

Congratulations for this list… site like “www.fruute.com” are my favorite.. These are design where the are important content and graphics properties bring out the contents. Thanks for sharing..

2. Hisman
    May 21, 2012

Thanks for the lists.. I like wearefo.com and andychak.com

3. Simon Fletcher
    May 21, 2012

Thanks for the list they are all great websites. I love the Oliver Spencer one that is my favourite

4. SentConcepts
    May 21, 2012

Nice set of inspiration Gisele! Keep it coming!

5. Pablo
    May 22, 2012

Great list! some of them are inspiring

6. TrendTown Marketing
    May 22, 2012

Cool! Less is more.

7. Raleigh Web Development
    May 22, 2012

These are really inspiring. I like to work with minimalism. But never feel confident but now I like to start my project. Thanks for inspiring. Keep sharing.

8. Sheldon Blake
    May 22, 2012

Thanks for this wonderful list. I will inspire me on my next design. Thanks

9. Paul Weston
    May 25, 2012

Thought this was a great article and a very inspiring collection of sites. I see a lot of articles like this and I have to say that this is one of the best I have come across for a while. I think you have put together a great variety of sites and they all have elements that I love. The site that stood out for me was the b14 site. I thought the look and feel of the site through the design and layout was amazing. I loved the balance that had been created and the fact that even though there is some large images and content, you still get that minimalist feel. Great article and I look forward to more articles like this from yourself.

10. Joe Raucci
    June 1, 2012

I have alway tried to create minimalist sites with as much white space as possible. Somtimes I just get a little to carried away with the information.
    Thanks for your article.

11. Zeidan
    June 5, 2012

Excellent list, Gisele! Big list of web design galleries. Thanks for sharing. Website Design, as this is known, has grown enormously in the last decade, making life more convenient for consumers.

12. Paul Spiric
    June 5, 2012

You should also check the designs on http://www.webstarttoday.com.

13. Baron
    June 10, 2012

Hi!
    b14′s very minimalist, and the full white backround give us feel purity.
    Good job.

14. Earl Varona
    June 20, 2012

Very nice! My favorites: b14, Visual Supply Co., and fruute. Thanks for sharing.

15. Rose Quartz
    August 13, 2012

Some of these look really neat and professional thanks! The academy one looks very individual and modern :)

16. Web Development Raleigh
    November 6, 2013

Cool list and some of the ideas are inspiring. But, really…the minimalistic approach to web design lacks some of the marketing elements that give your website “oomph”. Ultimately, great design by itself doesn’t sell…great design with appropriate marketing elements turns your clicks into calls and customers.

17. Web Design Raleigh
    December 23, 2013

Definitely some interesting designs of the bunch, but it’s important to remember that a great design doesn’t mean everything.
    When viewing some of the sites above, I had no idea what they wanted me to do nor where a particular call to action as.