30 Fresh and Inspiring Logo Designs

By / Oct 8, 2010 / Inspiration

Inspiration plays a key role in the growth of a designer. If you live in a vacuum without seeing what other designers are doing, it’s very difficult to improve and grow your skills. That’s why we think it’s important to find excellent examples of design and share them with you. As you know, every Monday we showcase inspiring web designs, but we also mix in other types of design. For this post we are focusing on logos. So here are 30 Fresh and Inspiring Logo Designs. Enjoy!

1. Zeth Odderskov
    October 8, 2010

Cool blog! I’m bookmark this for sure for future reference.

These logos look awesome! What’s the secret to a cool logo? Simple?

2. Terry Dunn
    October 8, 2010

Logos are so important; they brand you, your website and your business in a unique and distinctive way. And I think there are some amazing designs in this collection.

Terry

3. Izdelava strani
    October 8, 2010

All except “Rockeron?” deserves to be on that list. I really think Rockerons’ readability is a bit off. I’m not even sure it says rockeron.

4. Ben
    October 8, 2010

Agree that there are lots of amazing examples in here, but how many are actually used by real companies? I always seem to ask this question whenever i see a logo showcase on a blog, i just think it would be nice to see some exmaples of logo’s that are being used by real companies.

• mike i
      October 8, 2010

I agree with Ben. I’m always more impressed by logos used for actual companies than logos created for Brandstack. The challenge of creating a logo for a real company is a lot different than making a logo for something like “Playbee”. I feel like they make the graphic part of the logo and then come up with the name, when in the real design world it works just the opposite most of the time.

• Tulsa Web Design
      October 8, 2010

@ Ben: A LOT of companies out there do actually use logos like this. You’d be surprised ;-)

The key theme to making a logo (that actually) works in my opinion… is to keep it SIMPLE in the design.

A logo doesn’t need to have a bunch of graphics and colors to it… it just needs to convey the point.

-Daniel

• Torstein
        October 8, 2010

Another key element in making a logo should (in my opinion) be to make it stand out enough to be recognizable.

In my opinion Speedynotes, Macho Grill, Camel, Soverinn and Birdlaunch does that best in this collection.

5. Jahangir
    October 8, 2010

Great logos. Some of them have very nice use of negative space.

Thanks for sharing.

6. Manuela

Amazing! Thank you!

7. Chase Adams

Great round up of logos!

Look forward to the next go ’round.

I think the important part isn’t so much that they’re “real company logos” as it is that they inspire you to create.

8. Graphic Design
    October 8, 2010

@Daniel: right on the money. You have to keep it simple; the KISS principle: “Keep it Simple, Stupid.”
    I love some of these logos. Thanks for posting.

9. Doug
    October 8, 2010

That PagePro logo is just a ripoff of the Prisma Graphics logo. People who plagiarize other people’s work should not be recognized as anything other than thieves.

See the original Prisma Graphics logo yourself:

• matt
      October 9, 2010

logo prismagraphic is a recycled idea.

page 54 : Plytolex

10. Juliane
    October 8, 2010

I love most of these logos, the elephant mojito one is my favorite. I also wonder if any of these are actually in use?
    wall art

11. Chris Donnelly
    October 9, 2010

Nice collection !
    I love the Macho Grill logo and the Bersatil font is great. I wonder what it is…

12. GrimCris
    October 9, 2010

Thanks for your great article. I’m on the way to create a good logo for my website. I needed inspiration and your article gave me that.

13. Lakeside Technologies
    October 9, 2010

The logos in the list are amazing. Very refreshing too.

14. Hafsal
    October 9, 2010

Great round up of logos!
    I’m redesigning my logo now, got inspiration.

15. rozmik
    October 9, 2010

nice logo

16. Eko Setiawan
    October 9, 2010

Hi, thanks for share the inspiration…nice logo designs

Btw, for the other logo inspiration you can check here: http://ibrandstudio.com/tag/logo-design
    Hope it useful too

17. Bo Pentecost
    October 10, 2010

Thanks for including our logo in this list! (Solve)

18. Kevin
    October 10, 2010

The ‘Solve’ logo is simply amazing.

19. Craig
    October 10, 2010

Yes, have to agree with Jahangir comment enjoyed the logos using the negative space the most!

20. Dallas SEO
    October 11, 2010

Great resource for inspiration, thanks for putting this together! I really dig the “Solve” logo.

21. Attitude Design | Graphic Design Portfolio
    October 11, 2010

Nice selection – I like the PawnPin logo – very clever.

22. Tulsa Web Design
    October 11, 2010

I’m loving it! I’d say about 90% of websites that are created out there… should use a simple & clean design layout.

-Daniel

23. Rockon
    October 14, 2010

Thanks for posting.

24. rob t
    October 15, 2010

thanks for the post, very interesting.