40 Fresh Examples of Minimal Web Design

By / Oct 11, 2010 / Inspiration

There is nothing more inspiring than a clean and minimal website. A design with few elements representing something. The saying “less is more”, even though somewhat cliche, couldn’t be more true. We already published here a A Showcase of Clean White Web Designs and a list with 60 Minimal and Super Clean Web Designs to Inspire You. Since minimal sites are always around and they are actually pretty trendy right now, we decided to gather a new list. Enjoy.

Works of WeLoveNoise

minimal40

Sources:

Minimal Sites
unmatchedstyle

1. AndrewNoNumbers
    October 11, 2010

I think the criteria for minimalist was a bit loose on a few of them, but great list as always. I like to call my blog http://ndrw.me minimalist as well though it’s not quite as refreshing as most of the designs here.

2. Brandon
    October 11, 2010

Always love looking at examples of minimalist designs. I think I like the Lonely Tweet site the best for some reason.

3. Manuela
    October 11, 2010

Great collection! Thank you!

4. Marco Barbosa
    October 11, 2010

Can’t get enough of minimalism!

Thanks!

5. Gonzo the Great
    October 11, 2010

Hi Gisele,

Thanks for a sweet collection of fresh minimal websites, .. just loved it.

Sunday, a week ago, I published my minimal portfolio, http://www.gonzographic.com. Very fresh indeed ;-P

If you’ve liked my portfolio, please vote for me on webfontawards.com

Thanks for sharing, cheers & ciao ..

6. Jon Gamble
    October 11, 2010

I too have put out a minimalist site as my companies site. I have always liked minimalist design, and I love to see what people do with the whitespace in their designs.

You can check out my minimalist site at http://www.JonGambleLLC.com. Tell me what you think!

7. Mitchell Allen
    October 11, 2010

Gisele, I LOVE Lonely Tweet. Yah. That’s the one.

Thanks for sharing this collection of websites.
    I really really need to update my theme, which has been around since before WP was launched! :)

Cheers,

Mitch

8. Bryan
    October 11, 2010

Excellent collection! Thanks for sharing.

9. Bryan
    October 11, 2010

Really love minimal web design. Very simple yet looks so good. Thanks for the share! Gret collection.

10. Web Designing
    October 12, 2010

Very good designs, Design must have the capability to attract the visitors and compile the industry and theme of the topic..

11. greenwoodwebmarketing
    October 12, 2010

Great Designs! You have such wonderful collection!

12. Sachin
    October 12, 2010

never seen such a breathtaking collection..thanks a ton

13. Scott
    October 12, 2010

Using large chunky text always has a good effect in these kind of websites. I really like “Grow Interactive” and think “Hauser Lacour” is very clever for using a diagonal line as it does. Great collection and thanks for sharing.

14. Jeff Wagner
    October 12, 2010

Nice collection, I too love when a site uses minimal graphics and content and still rocks. Good to see so many examples that pull it off.

15. ddeja
    October 12, 2010

For me the best of the list are:
    1. Omnia project – incredible
    2. Vitor Lourenço site :) nice nice nice
    3. thnwmd.com – nicely done but i thought it’s going to be based on just that left navi element.
    4. And the fourth place goes to carsten prenger – for me the font is a little bit off.

As for the rest. Well it’s hard to say that website based only on slideshow gallery is an minimalistic site and that’s mostly the case in this list.

Cheers.

16. Mike
    October 13, 2010

Excellent collection! Loving them!

17. Felix
    October 14, 2010

Great list! It is good to see fresh examples. My favs are the “We love Noise” and the “here design” sites.

18. Joseph
    October 14, 2010

Thanks for collating these. I like to think that minimalism is more than as aesthetic genre – it’s also simple and ‘practical’; this collection illustrates that idea very well.

I’ve just rebooted my own site, http://www.simpledesign.com.au, and the ideas here were a great source of inspiration.

Cheers!

19. djavupixel
    October 15, 2010

That’s what I call some fresh content :) Good work on searching for new stuff!

I like the concept of hauser lacour. It is something different.

Thanks!

20. Jeff Woods
    November 2, 2010

Great examples of minimalist work. Its funny how how simple an clean design often takes the longest!
    We just launched our site as well, http://www.woodscreative.ca and after seeing this would like to go back and strip it down some more.
    Thanks for the post!

21. Mark Olsen
    November 4, 2010

Nice work putting these together! As they say ‘less is more’ but it’s always a lot more difficult to come up with a very simple and useful design then a cluttered one.

22. Fredrik
    February 15, 2011

Minimalistic design rock! Simple = Good!

23. Myo Kyaw Htun
    April 21, 2011

Nice collection list … please considering take a look at my site as well. THe link is on my name. Not in my comment.

24. Martin Fabricius
    November 19, 2011

Hi guys

If you are going to write about minimalistic portfolios again, I would like to suggest my new portfolio http://www.martin-fabricius.dk

Please, have a look :-)