55 Examples of Beautifully Integrated Social Media Links in Web Design

By / Jun 21, 2010 / Inspiration

I believe that everybody already understands the importance of social media, and incorporating it into a web design. To get the attention of your viewers to your social media links you need to use both strategy and good taste. To design a good call-to-action social media icon/link you need to think about its positioning, its color, approach, style, size, everything. You also need to keep in mind that you want to get the attention of your viewers to the social side of your website without distracting from what’s important, such as the content. In my opinion, a good social media link is one that you have no trouble to finding and when you find it, you like what you see.

To give you some ideas of how you might integrate social media links in your next project, I’ve put together a collection of 55 Examples of Well Integrated Social Media Icons in Web Design. There should be plenty here to inspire you.

What’s Up Cupcake?

Creanto

socialicons55

siteicons55

Sources:

1. AEXT.NET MAGAZINE
    June 21, 2010

Awesome showcase! Social media is the most important part of a web design nowadays. The more attractive integration, the more subscribers a website will get.

2. DataQ Web
    June 21, 2010

I like all of them, but I especially like Daniel Marques’, the one with the bookshelves. You could miss it at first if you don’t pay attention

3. Johny Favourite
    June 21, 2010

I really really enjoyed this. Completely unique post and very inspirational.

I love how these design all fit and shows a real high level of care and attention to the overall work on show.

4. Stijn
    June 21, 2010

Some folks really put some work into their integration, but I don’t see what’s so beautifully original about some of those other plain text links.

5. Vectorfly
    June 21, 2010

Amazing showcase! I believe attracting integration between websites and Social Media links is the main thing, and this is how I integrated them in my website: http://yfrog.com/4rmywebsitep

6. Sharif khan
    June 21, 2010

Simply awesome. All are new to me. Nice post.

7. Blake Baxendell
    June 21, 2010

Our local basketball teams website had some good ones too. Used Penent Flags for the design.

8. Jordan Walker

Very nicely integrated.

9. chris
    June 21, 2010

Love the post. I recently came across these icons… http://www.faucethead.com . Nice to see people thinking more than just dropping a logo on the page.

10. Chris Fernandez
    June 21, 2010

Love to see how people integrate these into their websites!

Some are cute and others are very practical (& cool).

thanks =)

11. Cam Hilsman

nice collection!

12. Amelia Johnson
    June 21, 2010

These examples of Social media links are really interesting, especially in the way they are designed to work with the design of the website. It makes the designer seem unique and the viewer is more likely to subscribe. It’s a very inspiring post.

13. Gregg Towsley
    June 21, 2010

Wow, what a great collection of Social Media Marketing logos! I will bookmark it and retweet it, NICE WORK!

14. Eva
    June 21, 2010

I like this showcase; very inspiring!

15. Brad
    June 21, 2010

Beautiful integration of icons and links. Really some well-thought out design on this list.

I spent some time putting in Social Media links on this website: Writing the World

16. boston website design
    June 21, 2010

That ipad application websites looks simple and cute.We could design like this.

17. Keir Harness
    June 21, 2010

thanks for the post, some great examples of what can be achieved, I love the twitter blue bird.Were these designed concepts or sourced from plugins?

18. Clyde Billingsley
    June 21, 2010

I love all of them but i think your missing one

19. Philwebservices
    June 21, 2010

Great list! nice idea of having it! Thanks for the post!

20. Amber – SEO Content Writer
    June 22, 2010

These are awesome and seamless. I think the integrations look like part of the site versus just having these random social media icons.

21. MC Bonet
    June 22, 2010

Nice collection. I really like the way What’s Up Cupcake, Daniel Marques and Fresh Lime Soda integrated the social media in their websites.

22. Jae Xavier
    June 22, 2010

awesome integration!

23. Sneh Roy
    June 22, 2010

Loving this showcase! Very creative :-) Thanks for sharing!

24. Nicolás
    June 22, 2010

Thanks for the post! Great list! This site is another example. http://www.nicolasbulacio.com

25. deniz
    June 24, 2010

very nice examples for inspiration thank you

26. alex tass
    June 24, 2010

I must thank you, again, for including our website, http://www.nocturn.ro, in this nice selection of examples, even thou we’ve used the social media links in a quite simple manner. You’ve chosen some really nice examples. Thanks for sharing.

27. lamourbaby
    June 25, 2010

those ones are beautiful, but this one could fit: http://caramelcafe.hu/ what do you think?

28. Innovatics
    June 28, 2010

Great Designs. Nice to see how creative people get with integrating social media into their sites. Inspiring stuff.

29. sam
    June 28, 2010

Some great ideas, loving the design from Daniel marques. Wonder how long something as unique as that took

30. Luke Sheppard
    June 28, 2010

Some of them are nice but quite a lot of them are pretty uninspiring – I’m a bit surprised you’ve incuded simple text links to social media sites in the examples, although I guess you might deem them to fit with the style of the site.

31. Pedro
    June 29, 2010

Daniel Marques’ is definitely one of the most original.

32. Attitude Design | Graphic Design Portfolio
    July 2, 2010

Some great examples here, I like the ‘What’s up Cupcake’ set.

33. kris
    July 18, 2010

Bookmarked! Thank you.
    Here’s another one you may like. http://thissuitcase.com/

34. Raquel Brandim
    July 23, 2010

Breathtaking…
    Parabéns Giselle!! Valeu a pena scroll a seleção toda!
    Bom trabalho e bom final de semana!

35. Carrie
    July 29, 2010

I enjoyed these examples. I have a custom pink Twitter bird and custom LI icon. I think mine rivals any of these so take a peek and judge for yourself.

36. Nauman Akhtar
    August 3, 2010

“Midtsommerjazz 2010″ is cool and so easily understandable, +10 for it :)

37. ski holidays
    August 11, 2010

superb resource for inspiration

we’re adding the whole gamut of social functionality to our site and examples like the terrific bookshelf really make us want to do something original…
    … hope to plump for something more than glossy buttons…

38. ilusionas
    August 16, 2010

Great examples! My website is another example that could interest you. Maybe… :P

39. Sue Brettell
    August 23, 2010

Bravo! This is awesome. Most showcase galleries list a selection of icons sets ….useful, but all rather samey.

This is the first time I’ve seen someone showcase superb examples of how they can be imaginatively integrated consistently with overall branding and visual identity.

With the awesome variety of social media icon sets available, it’s a shame that so many sites use the same popular sets.

Please please give us more showcases like this. :)

40. Craig McPheat
    February 2, 2011

Great resource for inspiration thanks!

41. Dennison Uy
    March 9, 2011

Some of the examples aren’t that special but there are real gems in this list. Excellent article.

42. Derek Kimball
    May 30, 2011

I was actually more impressed with the quality of the sites themselves. An awesome collection of inspiration. I must say, I look forward to WDL in my email inbox. Keep it up.

43. Web site Design Calgary
    June 18, 2011

It’s important that social media icons need to stand out a bit from the overall design. In some senses, making the icons match your own site design is disregarding their branding in favor of making it look pretty.

44. GIK
    August 16, 2011

Really like the way that some of the logos actually become part of the overall theme of the site will be looking to adapt this is some of my own sites.

45. Printing Company
    January 12, 2012

Nice Resources. I like it

46. Em Dash
    March 22, 2012

Some of these are interesting from a design perspective, but others treat the social media links like another navigation link in the same style as the rest of the site – hardly innovative or worth including on this list.

Does anyone else find it ironic that designers, traditionally ever so concerned with maintaining their own brand design, are willing to mutilate facebook and twitter’s icons and logos? I mean, part of the point of including a link to facebook or twitter using an icon is to be instantly recognizable to the viewer…

47. Sandy Rowley
    April 23, 2013

Superb collection of creative website designs!

Motivating people to click through and actually engage in conversations on social media profiles is more of a challenge. Although these designers clearly have a gift for visual design, most of their FB pages had no communication on their walls.

I think social media marketers are still experimenting with which demographic will engage on these social networks and which need to focus efforts elsewhere.

Great list of beautiful web design.

Sandy Rowley

48. Howard Steele
    June 26, 2013

‘What’s Up Cupcake?’ social media bar blows my mind! Great!

49. SEO Calgary
    December 9, 2013

‘What’s Up Cupcake?’ social media bar blows my mind! Great!

50. SEO Calgary