10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Life Easier

By / Jul 10, 2012 / Tools

jQuery has changed the way developers write JavaScript and the way users interact with websites and web applications. If you’re a developer, you know what a pleasure it can be to work with jQuery, especially the convenience of plugins. In this post, we’ve rounded up 10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Life Easier. In this collection of plugins, you’ll find a wide range of functionality, from navigation enhancements to image viewing.

blur.js

blur.js is a jQuery plugin that produces psuedo-transparent blurred elements over other elements.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

Gips

Gips is a clean and simple jQuery plugin and is based on Gips Freebie . Its simple, customizable, and easy to use. It also supports CSS themes.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

Nestable

Drag & drop hierarchical list with mouse and touch compatibility (jQuery plugin)

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

notify

Notify! is a jQuery Notification Plugin which adds simple notifications bars that you can use on your website and application to assist users while they fill in forms, navigate through pages or interact with interface.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

hammer.js

A javascript library for multi-touch gestures

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

TypeButter

TypeButter allows you to set optical kerning for any font on your website.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

Websanova Paint

A little jQuery plugin paint app that allows you to draw an image using some basic tools providing ability to load and save the images drawn.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

iPicture

iPicture is a jQuery Plugin to create interactive pictures with extra descriptions.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

Adipoli

Adipoli is a simple jQuery plugin used to bring stylish image hover effects.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

The Wookmark jQuery plugin

We have received several questions about how the grid layout on wookmark.com is created so we created this simple plugin. It lays out a series of elements in a dynamic column grid.

10 jQuery Plugins that Will Make your Live Easier

1. Christoph
    July 10, 2012

Thanks for featuring the Wookmark plugin. If there are questions or somebody uses it on their site, we’d love to hear from you.

2. Design Turnpike
    July 10, 2012

Cool I just signed up for Wookmark! http://www.wookmark.com/profile/designturnpike

3. Nate
    July 10, 2012

What are the advantages of using blur.js over RGB values and Opacity in CSS3? (Seems like it does the same thing to me, though I haven’t actually tried it…)

• Imperative Ideas
      July 4, 2013

Well, for one thing, blur.js is using matrix transforms…

4. Andrey
    July 10, 2012

great collection of jQuery Plugins. Always worth it – I liked the iPicture plugin

5. David
    July 10, 2012

Great list. the gips plugin should work great for a client of mine. Thanks!

6. Richzendy
    July 11, 2012

did not know any of the plugins, but it really surprised me was IPicture, tremendous plugin must be amazing to show things on a map or to show things descriptively in a product catalog

7. Dev Design
    July 11, 2012

Excellent post Henry and thanks for sharing jquery plugins. I love using hammer.js

8. safa
    July 11, 2012

i liked iPicture plugin. thanks for post….

9. Karan
    July 11, 2012

Good roundup of jQuery plugins.
    It’s saves my lot of time and I defenatly use these plug-ins for my feature projects.

Thank you.

10. Webmastericons
    July 12, 2012

Great collection of plug-ins! The iPicture one was my favorite. Thanks!

11. Jacob Kelley
    July 13, 2012

Hey I made blur.js! :D

12. Paul Weston
    July 17, 2012

Thought this was a great article and one I will be coming back to again and again with the resources included. There are some great plugins that will be very useful for me with my development and push my use of jQuery. I liked all the examples you have included but the ones I really like are the hammer.js and Adipoli. I really like the user interaction you get with the hammer.js and this will be a great feature to add into sites. With the Adipoli plugin I really love the variety of transitions and there is something that will fit any site. Great article, resources and I look forward to more articles like this from yourself.

13. sanjeev
    January 7, 2013

can any one say what types of jquery is being used in any website and any procedure??

1. http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/41992.html
    when i click in arrow it shows the peoples name

2. http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/42081.html
    when i click below Smart stable Strong Wise. Images flips

14. sanjeev
    January 7, 2013

3. http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/42077.html
    In the slider there is + button so when i click it, it expands so how to i use in any other website?

15. sanjeev
    January 9, 2013

hello is there any one to reply to my post??

• Imperative Ideas
      July 4, 2013

Hey Sanjeev,

You are basically asking technical questions in the comments of a media outlet. Even the qualified people who see your question aren’t likely to answer you here. Try visiting http://stackoverflow.com/ and you will get better responses.