Google Chrome is quickly becoming a popular browser due to its speed and now its growing collection of extensions. Extensions are a great way to add functionality that doesn’t come packaged with the browser.
There are extensions for just about everything, but in this post we’re focusing on helping you save time in your everyday tasks. Web workers have to do a lot of little things throughout the day that seem to add up and take up a lot of time. So here are 10 Time Saving Google Chrome Extensions that can hopefully help you streamline your daily work flow.
Based on what kind of task I’m working on, I normally keep a set of websites and web apps open at all times. Session Manager lets you save sessions of your opened tabs and windows, and to quickly re-open them whenever you like.
I don’t know about you, but I spend a lot of time flipping over to check my GMail. Google Mail Checker displays the number of unread messages in your Google Mail inbox. You can also click the button to open your inbox.
DayHiker lets you check Google calendar from the toolbar. Check and schedule tasks. Manage content on the fly. Soft reminders, plus an alarm clock.
goo.gl url shortener is an extension which allows you to shorten the current website URL with the new Google URL Shortener service http://goo.gl/ Once compressed the url is automatically copied to clipboard and you can share it with Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Delicious, Digg, MySpace, Google Reader, Gmail or your default mail client.
Brizzly is a reader for Twitter and Facebook. It simplifies your browsing and updating experience, while adding a few nifty extras.
Sharing screenshots can be time consuming. Pixler Grabber allows you to edit, save and share screen grabs all from the browser.
FastestChrome helps you save time and enhance your productivity. Key features include:
- Endless Pages automatically loads the next page just before you reach the end so you don’t have to click “Next” or wait
- Look up definitions instantly by highlighting a word
- Better Google: shows you relevant results from real-time and shopping search engines such as OneRiot and Amazon
- Search more conveniently: select text then click on a search engine to search
- Automatically turns text URLs into links
- Adds related articles to Wikipedia
It never fails. Every morning, after I’ve been working for a couple of hours, my tabs are out of control. TooManyTabs helps you manage your tabs, improve your browsing, and maintain your sanity when you have many tabs open.
This extension lets youconvert any webpage to PDF including most SSL based sites. Key features include:
- Includes a direct link if the process is taking too long.
- Allows you to view the converted PDF using Google Docs.
- And of course you can download it to your computer.
- Easy Options section.
Auto Copy streamlines the process of copying text. It automatically copies selected text to the clipboard and has options for copying as plain text; including the URL in the copied text; etc.