22 Beautiful Portfolio Websites to Inspire You

By / Jul 30, 2012 / Inspiration

From time to time, we like to showcase how designers and studios are presenting their work. So for this installment of Monday inspiration, we’ve gathered 22 excellent examples of portfolio and studio websites for you to study and gain inspiration from. In this collection, you’ll see a variety of styles and trends including minimal layouts, parallax scrolling, and illustrated designs. Whatever the approach, you’ll notice that each one of the sites captures the personality of the creative individual or studio it represents.

Hero

A portfolio WordPress theme from Theme Trust that uses a parallax effect in the home page banner to highlight the site’s key message in an engaging fashion.

Leo Tartari

Leo Tartari is an experienced designer born and raised in Porto Alegre, Brazil.

35mm Design

35mm Design is a collection of work by Steve Scavo.

Tobias Van Schneider

Tobias Van Schneider is a multi-disciplinary art director and user interface designer from Germany.

Safari

Safari specializes in the innovative production and swift delivery of social and mobile applications, technology systems, creative strategies, and more.

Tyler Smith

Tyler has worked in the web industry for 5 years, and is currently working for Refresh Media in beautiful San Luis Obispo.

Mohiuddin Parekh

User experience designer developing interface designs for web apps iOS and Android.

Julien Renvoye

Marisa Passos

Marisa Passos is a graphic and web designer.

BigNoise

We don’t just come up with cool ideas, we use a well-tuned, engaging process to make them happen… on time and on budget.

SOUP.

WeAreSoup. We believe in culture, design & digital as means of sharing experience. We are focused on bringing companies into digital.

Oven Bits

What you want, we’ve likely done. We may be small(ish), but most of us draw on eight or more years of experience in mobile, web, and design.

Robby Leonardi

My name is Robby Leonardi, and I am a multidisciplinary designer based in New York City. I do illustration, graphic design, animation, and front-end development.

Etienne Ledemay

I’m Etienne Ledemay a French Art Director & Interfaces Designer

Pavel Macek

I am Pavel and I am an User Interface Designer of mobile and web applications.

4v

4v is a development and creation studio from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Pollen

Pollen – an ambitious European design studio that delivers cohesive, robust brand identities that break the mould and get our clients noticed.

Scribble Tone

We are a design team in Portland, Oregon that focuses on branding, interactive and type projects. As problem solvers, we thrive on fun and complex challenges.

FoundryCo

We are a Branding & Digital agency pairing beautiful images with relevant messages.

These Are Things

Welcome to the design and illustration studio of Jen Adrion and Omar Noory.

Bbbttery

Bbbttery is a multi-disciplinary studio that works with design, art and technology.

Socket Studios

Socket Studios is the work of London based designer and web developer Paul Macgregor.

1. Tim Hatt
    July 30, 2012

Wow, great collection!
    And I’d like to add http://www.erwinrietveld.nl.

2. aledesign.it – Creative Graphic
    July 30, 2012

Very nice selection… I have two preference: “4v” and “These Are Things”. Two different design…but two great works!

3. Chris Devlin
    July 30, 2012

Creating your portfolio website allows you to share and showcase your work easily with the others and also it increase your visibility and presence. It helps to branding the website in this internet world. The above portfolio inspires me to rework my portfolio layout especially “Pollen”, its clean and descriptive…

4. Rudi
    July 30, 2012

Simple is golden ^^ nice collection, love Pavel Macek site

5. Jeffrey G
    July 30, 2012

Another one – gochman.me

6. John
    July 30, 2012

Pretty amazing, I especially like Robby Leonardi portfolio

7. Design Turnpike
    July 30, 2012

These are Things is a cool look!

8. Abdullah Bin Laique
    July 31, 2012

Nice Collection, Thanks for sharing I love the color and style of “Mohiuddin Parekh” website, good work

9. Paul Weston
    July 31, 2012

Thought this was a great article and one that has some very inspiring websites. I like all the sites you have put together and there are a couple of sites that stand out for me. I really liked the 4v site for the design and layout of the site. It has a really modern funky feel and I love the use of colour. The site I really loved was the These Are Things site, for the concept, design and development techniques used. I love how the they have used parallax scrolling with the characters and the changing scenes. I also really love the graphics used and the style of the site. Great collection and I look forward to more articles like this one.

10. Mickael
    July 31, 2012

This one is really cool too. http://www.gang-corporate.com/

11. Abu Dhabi Web
    July 31, 2012

Beautiful collections here guys, I love the work of Robby Leonardi fantastic elements and creativeness. A lot of inspiring work coming out I wonder if these should be listed on the Site of the Day website x

12. Christina Cruz
    July 31, 2012

Great collection shown. I really like 4V.

13. Paul M.
    August 1, 2012

Great picks, all for different reasons. Tough line to straddle creativity with functionality and some do better than others here but they are nice representations. I’ll add another: http://www.skygatemedia.com/

14. Katrina Costedio
    August 21, 2012

There is such great diversity that runs throughout the sites in this article. The way someone displays their past works shows how much pride and enjoyment that they get out of what they do. I love the work that I do and wanted my past work section to convey that, take a look at http://www.katrinacostedio.com/

15. adiel isaacs
    August 28, 2012

All these site are pretty nice …keep up the good work …

16. Janna Hagan
    November 16, 2012

These are inspiring!

17. Howard Steele
    June 25, 2013

Etienne Ledemay’s portfolio is very inspiring.
    So cute and simple :)

18. Joshua Namdar
    December 15, 2013

These are great! I recently started making mine, I was wondering what you guys think… http://www.joshnamdar.com