Fresh Examples of HTML5 Websites

By / Aug 22, 2011 / Inspiration

We already showcased HTML5 websites here a couple times (Apr 2011, Dec 2010, Aug,2010 and so on). And since a lot of sites are embracing the duo of CSS3 and HTML5, we decided to gather a new list, with some fresh examples of the new standard in use. Today we also gathered some interesting links so you can take your HTML5 knowledge to the next level. Also, make sure to check out Dive into HTML5, they have tons of useful information there. Enjoy!

Sylvain Ollier

The Best Designs
HTML5 websites
HTML5 Gallery

Some interesting HTML5 related links

1. Création site Internet Avignon
    August 22, 2011

really nice these examples, it gives ideas! thank you very much :)

2. Website Design Gloucester
    August 22, 2011

Thanks Gisele. Great inspiration for new designs. My favorite is the Upperdog site. :)

3. peacock
    August 22, 2011

Nice, but next time can you explain why those websites are better then thousands of others out there. Anyone can just put a list together.

4. Sergiu
    August 22, 2011

360langstrasse.sf.tv kicks ass! until I “inspect element” I thought it was done in flash or something.

5. iOS Development
    August 22, 2011

Nice collection here. My site uses a few HTML5 elements http://ios-blog.co.uk – what do you all think? Would love to know how I could make it better.

6. Tony
    August 22, 2011

Nice collection of html5 websites! I hope designers start follow the new trends and technologies.

7. Backbon Tech
    August 22, 2011

hey thanks for sharing this awesome collection.
    I haven’t checked all of them but 360langstrasse.sf.tv is very cool so far!

8. Jens
    August 22, 2011

As someone said before 360langstrasse.sf.tv really kicks ass! Its the first parallax page that i really like. Respekt an die Schweizer!

9. Joshua Sortino
    August 23, 2011

Cheers for the mention! This is a wonderful roundup.

10. Sagar Ranpise
    August 23, 2011

This is really fresh html5 roundup, Thanks for sharing!
    I have created an html5 page too

11. Susanna
    August 23, 2011

Hi Giselle,

Nice list, but I can’t help seeing some of these websites (albeit they are good websites) over and over again on so many articles. Perhaps some different ones would be nice too (I’m sure there are lots out there)?

12. Towrz
    August 23, 2011

So inspired right now after viewing all these sites. 360langstrasse.sf.tv is just awesome, full of content and presented in a very dynamic way. I recommend using that site in full screen mode.

13. zohaib
    August 24, 2011

great selection and really inspirational and useful stuff..

14. Dan Collins
    August 24, 2011

Great list! I’m gradually making the transition to html5 and this list provides me with a great reference collection of examples. Looking at the code though, is http://www.tdhcreative.com/ a true html5 site? it has the doctype but minimal elements. I don’t wish to spark a debate just inspire clarity….

15. Micha Posthumus
    August 25, 2011

Nice roudnup! Very inspirational thanx for posting!

16. Joe
    August 29, 2011

Try http://www.lexways.com
    Built with Html5

17. Kelly Johnson
    September 11, 2011

Just because one uses the HTML5 doctype..doesn’t really mean it’s a good example of ‘using’ HTML5. HTML5 is very, very loose in what it accepts and will use, therefore when the doctype is viewed as unknown by any browser, the browser will probably default to its quirksmode, or not, and just ignore the doctype and render the basic html which can all be used. It is not a STRICT type at all.

Some good designs, but if you’re not using the proper new mark-up, such as , , and the like, you’re not really using HTML5.. it’s like somebody trying on a real firemans helmet, jacket and boots… that doesn’t make one a real fireman.

18. web design company hyderabad
    October 12, 2011

Cant stop praising the creative sides.. awesome designs by all.. nice share..

19. Paul
    October 28, 2011

Awesome collection need to try out more HTML5 stuff.

20. Edu
    December 10, 2011

I have finished my web site with html5 and css3 using background effects (canvas) to make it more interactive to the user.

Please review if you like it: http://www.arananet.net

Thanks,
    Bye.

21. sandeep
    May 6, 2013

wow, awesome list. Am loving it.