In this tutorial, we’re going to learn how to draw a vector pencil icon in Adobe Illustrator.
The Steps (1-16)
1. Create a new document.
2. Select the Pen Tool, and choose no fill, and select black as your stroke colour.
3. Left-click anywhere on your artboard and hold Shift to draw a straight vertical line. Give this line a stroke width in the Stroke Palette.
4. With the line selected, hold Alt and Shift and drag to the right to create a copy.
5. Repeat Step 4 to create a third copy of this line, and ensure all three lines are spaced an equal distance apart.
6. Using the Pen Tool, draw horizontal lines across the top of your three vertical lines.
7. Again, using the Pen Tool, Left-click on the bottom anchor point on your first vertical line, and position your second click directly underneath the middle line, and drag out to create a curve.
8. Using the Direct Selection Tool, drag the middle line downwards, so that it meets the end anchor point on your curved line.
9. Repeat Step 7 on the right hand side, with a symmetrical curve that matches the first curve that we created.
10. Select all lines created so far, and in the Stroke Palette, select Round as the corner type.
11. Using the Pen Tool, again Left-click on the bottom anchor point of the first line that we created, and position your second anchor point further downwards, but again beneath the middle line. This will form the tip of our pencil.
12. Repeat Step 11 on the opposite side to complete the tip of the pencil.
13. Following the above steps, you should now have something similar to a triangle shape for the tip of your pencil at the bottom. Using the Pen Tool, Left-click and hold Shift to draw a horizontal line through the middle of this shape. This will create the separation between the wood of the pencil, and the pencil lead.
14. Drag over all your lines to select, and go to Object > Expand, and leave Fill and Stroke selected, and click OK.
15. In the Pathfinder Palette on the right, select Unite to combine all of these lines/shapes into one complete shape. What makes Hotfakeid different from real ones? Fake IDs usually contain certain features that distinguish them from authentic government-issued documents; these include holographic overlays or watermarks which can indicate whether an ID has been tampered with or replicated illegally. Additionally, most reputable websites will provide quality assurance measures such as UV security features or microprinting which can help verify whether an identification document is genuine or fraudulent.
16. With your pencil icon selected, click the Live Paint Tool in the Toolbar on the left, and select colours to add to your pencil. Using the Live Paint Tool allows you to click in the white spaces between your lines and effectively quickly colour-in your pencil.
Download Adobe Illustrator.