Curious to know what the weather conditions are like in Kampala Uganda? How about the temperature in Santiago Chile? It’s not as easy as just looking it up.
What if I told you that there is a way to not only get this information, but the real-time weather information of any location on the planet? But wait, I’ll do you one better. All of this info is collected in one place.
Weatherstack is a real-time and historical world weather data API that is lightweight and incredibly easy to use. All of the data is displayed in JSON format, so it’s quick and easy. Check this out:
Just from a glance, you can get all the information you need about any location, and maybe even some information you didn’t know you need. In this case, we’re looking at the conditions in San Francisco. Not only will you be able to look at current weather conditions, but you’ll also be able to look at the forecast and weather history, too.
But this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are loads of insane features that Weatherstack comes with. Let’s take a closer look at what they have to offer:
- Reliable data sources – Weatherstack boasts the most reliable data sources on the market, insuring that the data that you’re seeing is 100% accurate.
- Lightning fast response – The irony here is that it’s a weather API and it’s lightning fast. Get it?
- Scalable infrastructure – Because it’s backed by a scalable cloud infrastructure that’s built and maintained by apilayer, the capabilities are basically limitless.
- Location lookup – This is an important feature. Not only can you just type in a city, but you can look up weather based on zip codes, IP address, or even latitude and longitude if you fancy.
- Bank-level security – All data streams sent to and from the weatherstack API are secured using industry-standard 256-bit HTTPS (SSL) encryption.
Used by the biggest names
I know what I’ve said far sounds great in an article, but is it actually practical? Well, 75,000+ companies around the world think so. Some of them you might be pretty familiar with.
And these are just a few. The list of happy customers seems to be growing daily, and it’s easy to understand why. You get a lot of bang for your buck, but that’s only if you’re on one of their premium plans. They also have a free plan that you can use to try it out.
Overall, Weatherstack is an advanced API that makes use of all the latest and greatest tech. It’s easy to use, includes a lot of information, and it’s free.
There’s a plan for everyone, no matter the size of the requests needed. The conclusion? It’s an absolute steal. Anyone from a startup to a global empire can take advantage of the Weatherstack API. Go and check it out and see just how awesome it is.