Recently, Bing announced the launch of its new search API. The new API, standing at version 5, comes with a lot of new functionality and features meant for developers.
Among other things, the new Bing search API version 5 features:
- Ability to search millions of web pages, images, videos, news and other media
- Focus on trending topics such as news, images and videos
- Ability to filter images and videos in terms of license, resolution or size, style or pricing
- Tools such as spell checker
- Features to demarcate adult or NSFW content in search results
- Better suggestions for search inputs.
Here is a handy fact sheet that compares the new Bing search API with the older one:
The new API is RESTful, keeping in sync with the current development practices. You can learn more about the Bing search API version 5 on this page.